Grape Varietal: 100% Meunier
Dosage: 1.5g/l - Brut Nature
Location: Baslieux-Sous-Châtillon, Champagne, France
- A masterclass in what 100% Meunier champagne can be. For the best experience, we suggest avoiding flutes and enjoy this in a champagne tulip or white wine glass.
- Intensely aromatic with floral and spicy notes, a burst of orchard fruit and yeasty undertones.
- Full bodied with ripe apples, a hint of caramel and depth that takes your senses on a journey of purity and precision.
- Pair with appetizers but also a good food wine: crispy parmesan cheese, ceviche, or white fish and white meats.
- Very limited production only a few thousand bottles produced.
- Watch Eric talk about this line of cuvée, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijU0jWc3U2k
Daniel Taillet founded the winery in 1956. Eric Taillet took over for his father in 1995 and represents the 4th generation of grower/producer. Eric's focus is on the Meunier grape. Meunier is Eric’s self-proclaimed; “Life, passion, and reason for being a winegrower.” With old-vine Meunier, Eric is in the process of organic certification — he actively modifies cultivation methods, the system of pruning, row spacing, and vine height in pursuit of the finest fruit. Eric established the Meunier Institute, and it is his old-vine cuttings that were selected to be cloned for local Champagne nurseries.